All text and no visuals is a weak content strategy. Don’t get us wrong—we think blogs are great (obviously, since you’re reading this). But marketers need more creative tactics to engage audiences online. That’s why many, as in 87% of them, are using video. If that’s not convincing enough, marketers who do use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
Still not impressed? Don’t worry, we’re just getting started. Time to strap in and prepare to have your mind blown with these incredible video marketing stats.
We live in an age of constant stimulation and instant gratification. Consumers don’t just want media that informs and educates. They want content that entertains! That’s why video reigns supreme when it comes to influencing consumer behavior.
1. People retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text (Source: Word Stream).
2. 90% of consumers say that product videos are helpful in the decision process (Source: Forbes).
3. After watching a video, 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product online (Source: HubSpot).
4. Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rates (Source: Forbes).
5. 80% of consumers recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days (Source: HubSpot).
6. Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (Source: ThinkWithGoogle).
7. Even just using the word “video” in an email subject line can increase open rates by 19% (Source: HighQ).
When it comes to driving more website traffic, video is basically the director. Search engines and internet users alike value video more than any other form of media on the web, which is why video is an SEO powerhouse.
8. Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs (Source: WordStream).
9. Having a video on a page makes it 53 times more likely to show up on the first page of Google search results (Source: Animaker).
10. Video on a landing page can increase conversions by at least 80% (Source: SlideShare).
11. Video attracts 200% to 300% more monthly unique visitors (Source: MarketingSherpa).
12. 74% of all website traffic comes from video (Source: HubSpot).
13. The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video (Source: Forbes).
14. Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users (Source: Small Business Trends).
Social Media Engagement
Sometimes, life feels like a never ending newsfeed that we could scroll forever. That said, it’s hard to produce content that stands out on social media. Using video offers the best chance of not having your content get drowned out in the sea of distractions.
15. Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined (Source: Small Business Trends).
16. Nielsen reports that, in an average week, YouTube reaches more people aged 18 and older on their mobile phones during prime-time hours than any cable television network (Source: ThinkWithGoogle).
17. Video posts on Facebook have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts (Source: Social Media Today).
18. Internet users watch over 500 million hours of videos on YouTube every day (Source: Business Insider).
19. Facebook generates 8 billion video views on average per day (Source: TechCrunch).
20. 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week (Source: WordStream).
21. YouTube has over a billion users, almost a third of all people on the internet (Source: YouTube).
Okay, you get the picture. Video marketing is no joke, and clearly there’s good reason to take it seriously. It’s the most powerful form of storytelling. However, power does come at a price. Many people know how effective video marketing is but don’t want to drain their budget for the production costs.
That’s why ICON Creative offers high-quality video services for an affordable price. Check out some of the culture videos we’ve produced for our clients. If you like what you see, feel free to drop us a line. We’d love to help you tell your story!